In the flame retardant industry, magnesium hydroxide is a more popular choice, inseparable from its many unique properties. Let's learn about the related knowledge of magnesium hydroxide flame retardants.
- Thermal decomposition: The gaseous water formed after the decomposition of the magnesium hydroxide flame retardant can cover the flame, drive off the oxygen, and dilute the combustible gas. In addition, the plastic surface in contact with the flame forms a heat-insulating layer, which hinders the flow of combustible gas, prevents the fire from spreading, and exerts a flame-retardant function. At the same time, the decomposed products are not toxic and can also neutralize harmful gases generated by the burning of plastics.
- The thermal decomposition temperature is 330℃. If magnesium hydroxide is put into the plastic, the plastic can withstand a higher temperature.
- The particle hardness is small and will not cause great wear to the machine.
- The thermal decomposition energy and heat capacity are relatively high, and the flame retardant efficiency will be improved.
- With strong carbonization ability and a large amount, the probability of smoke will be greatly reduced.